Here’s a collection of great quotes about power…or personal power, if that makes more sense.
You should easily be able to glean some inspirational feelings out of this page!
1. Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control affairs. -Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919)
2. A good indignation brings out all one’s powers. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t. -Margaret Thatcher
4. No man can ever end with being superior who will not begin with being inferior. -Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
5. Thoughts mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and a burning desire are powerful things. -Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)
6. I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others. -Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
7. Every man has enough power left to carry out that of which he is convinced. -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
8. We must leave our mark on our life while we have it in our power. -Isak Dinesen (1885-1962)
9. The most exquisite paradox…as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can’t have it. The minute you don’t want power, you’ll have more than you ever dreamed possible. -Ram Dass
10. Power is the faculty or capacity to act, the strength and potency to accomplish something. It is the vital energy to make choices and decisions. It also includes the capacity to overcome deeply embedded habits and to cultivate higher, more effective ones. -Stephen R. Covey
11. There are powers inside of you which, if you could discover and use, would make of you everything you ever dreamed or imagined you could become. -Orison Swett Marden (1850-1924)
12. Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power. -Lao-Tzu
13. He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful. -Lao-Tzu
14. I have learned through bitter experience the one supreme lesson to conserve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into a power that can move the world. -Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
15. Nature arms each man with some faculty which enables him to do easily some feat impossible to any other. -Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
16. If you haven’t the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. -T.S. Eliot (1888-1965)
17. I’m finally ready to own my own power, to say, “This is who I am.” If you like it, you like it. And if you don’t like it, you don’t. So watch out; I’m gonna fly. -Oprah Winfrey
18. There is great treasure there behind our skull and this is true about all of us. This little treasure has great, great powers, and I would say we only have learnt a very, very small part of what it can do. -Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904-1991)
19. Do the thing and you will have the power. But they that do not the thing, had not the power. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. To create power is like a magnet, this is true because this creative power operates like a magnet. Give it a strong clear picture of what you want and this creative power starts to work magnetizing conditions about you — attracting to you things, resources, opportunities, circumstances and even the people you need, to help bring to pass in your outer life what you have pictured. -Claude M. Bristol (1891-1951)
There you have it! Hope you liked these and got something out of this page of mine.
Which quote(s) do you like the most?
If you have any quotes to share, please write them in the comments below.
And make sure to use the social media buttons generously. 🙂