Some Very Wise Words of Wisdom:
“Here are a few daily rules, going the rounds of the press, that are intended to make the world more livable, with more of the “abundant life”:
1) Do not contradict people, even if you are sure you are right.
2) Do not be inquisitive about the affairs of even your most intimate friend.
3) Do not underrate anything because you do not possess it.
4) Do not believe all the evil you hear.
5) Do not repeat gossip, even if it does interest a crowd.
6) Do not jeer at anybody’s religious belief.
7) Learn to hide your aches and pains under a pleasant smile; few care whether you have earache, headache, or rheumatism.
8) Learn to attend to your own business–a very important point.
9) Do not try to be anything else but a gentleman or lady; and that means one who has consideration for the whole world, and all races.”