1) Happiness is in action, and every power is intended for action; human happiness, therefore, can only be complete as all the powers have their full and legitimate play. -David Thomas
2) Remember you have not a sinew whose law of strength is not action; not a faculty of body, mind, or soul, whose law of improvement is not energy. -E.B. Hall
3) The more we do, the more we can do; the more busy we are the more leisure we have. -Hazlitt
4) To will and not to do when there is opportunity, is in reality not to will; and to love what is good and not to do it, when it is possible, is in reality not to love it. -Swedenborg
5) We must be doing something to be happy. Action is no less necessary to us than thought. -Hazlitt
6) What man knows should find expression in what he does. The chief value of superior knowledge is that it leads to a performing manhood. -Bovee
7) We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best. -Philip James Bailey
8. It is good to dream, but it is better to dream and work. Faith is mighty, but action with faith is mightier. Desiring is helpful, but work and desire are invincible. -Thomas Robert Gaines
9) Many persons wonder why they don’t amount to more than they do, have good stuff in them, energetic, persevering, and have ample opportunites. It is all a case of trimming the useless branches and throwing the whole force of power into the development of something that counts. -Walter J. Johnston
10) Sorrow is the mere rust of the soul. Activity will cleanse and brighten it. -Samuel Johnson
There you have it! If you liked any of these, or have any other good quotes to add to it, please comment by using the space below. Please also go to the top of this post and vote-it-up.
If you want to read other great motivational quotes, just click the link.