Endurance is a good subject that I haven’t covered yet.
Here are 19 quotes on that subject. Remember to leave some comments at the bottom.
1) A leader, once convinced that a particular course of action is the right one, must be undaunted when the going gets tough. -Ronald Reagan
2) Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory. -William Barclay (1907-1978)
3) Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes. -Buddha (568-488BC)
4) Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change. -Johann Friedrich Von Schiller (1759-1805)
5) I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism have brought me to my ideas. -Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
6) Know how sublime a thing it is to suffer and be strong. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1819-1892)
7) Not in achievement, but in endurance, of the human soul, does it show its divine grandeur and its alliance with the infinite. -Edwin Hubbel Chapin (1814-1880)
8) Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear. -Marcus Aurelius (121-180AD)
9) One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another has it for 30 days, but is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life. -Edward B. Butler
10) One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this. -Don Quixote
11) Perseverance is not a long race; it is many races one after another. -Walter Elliot
12) Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure. -Edward Eggleston
13) Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but they don’t quit. -Conrad Hilton
14) Successful leaders have the courage to take action while others hesitate. -John C. Maxwell
15) Those who can bear all can dare all. -Marquis De Vauvenargues (1715-1747)
16) To win without risk is to triumph without glory. -Pierre Corneille
17) Tough times never last, but tough people do. -Dr. Robert Schuller
18) What cannot be altered must be borne, not blamed. -Thomas Fuller (1608-1661)
19) You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call “failure” is not falling down, but staying down. -Mary Pickford
I like #9 and #13 a lot. How about you?
Which ones do you like? Do you have any to share? Please comment below.