Again, they’re not really motivational quotes; they’re just about anything.
1. The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
Muhammad Ali, U.S. boxer
2. No tool is more beneficial than intelligence. No enemy is more harmful than ignorance.
-Abu Abdullah Muhammad al-Harithi al-Baghdadi al-Mufid, Sheikh, Iraqi scholar
3. Intention is the measure for rendering actions true, so that where intention is sound action is sound, and where it is corrupt then action is corrupt.
-Muhyid-Din Abu Zkariyya ibn Sharaf, Imam, Syrian scholar
4. To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
-Minna Antrim, U.S. writer
5. Justice is a certain rectitude of mind whereby a man does what he ought to do in the circumstances confronting him.
-Thomas Aquinas, Saint, Italian philosopher
6. Watch the costs and the profits will take care of themselves.
-Aristotle, Greek philosopher
7. It doesn’t hurt an artist to taste a bit of madness.
-Ayi Kwei Armah, Ghanaian writer and educator
8. There is no whetstone, to sharpen a good wit and encourage a will to learning, as is praise.
-Roger Ascham, English humanist and scholar
9. Work is a dull way to get rich.
-Neal Ascherson, British journalist and author
10. The worst mistake a boss can make is not to say “well done.”
-John Ashcroft, British business executive
Any of these jump out at you? Please leave a comment below.
PS: Again, please make sure to sign up for blog updates; just go to the top of this page and enter your email address. This way, there’s a better chance you won’t miss any new blog posts.