- That the one thing worth aiming at is simplicity of heart and life;
- That one’s relations with others should be direct, not diplomatic;
- That power leaves a bitter taste in the mouth;
- That meanness and hardness and coldness are the unforgivable sins;
- That conventionality is the mother of dreariness;
- That pleasure exists not in the virtue of material conditions, but in the joyful heart;
- That the world is a very interesting and beautiful place;
- That congenial labor is the secret of happiness.”
-Arthur Christopher Benson
Comments? Did you like this? Why or why not? Please comment below.
Again, please make sure to enter your info above and press Submit.