1. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. -Sir Winston Churchill
2. You must pay the price if you wish to secure a blessing. -Andrew Jackson
3. We must want for others, not ourselves alone. -Eleanor Roosevelt
4. You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give. -Anonymous
5. Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. -Charles Finley
6. The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. -Nelson Henderson
7. Life’s most urgent question is: What are you doing for others? -Martin Luther King Jr.
8. Only a life lived for others is worth living. -Albert Einstein
9. It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich. -Henry Ward Beecher
10. That is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed. -Woodrow Wilson
11. The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. -Charles Du Bos
12. You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. -John Wooden
13. If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart. -Arabian Proverb
14. I regret that I have but one life to give to my country. -Nathan Hale
15. Not he who has much is rich, but he who gives much. -Erich Fromm
16. To ease another’s heartache is to ease one’s own. -Abraham Lincoln
17. One prime purpose of this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. -Dalai Lama
18. Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness—great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy. -Jim Rohn
19. What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us: What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. -Albert Pike
20. Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means. -Leo Buscaglia
What are you doing to make the world a better place?
How are you rendering service to those around you?
Please leave a comment below. Thanks!
PS: do you know any good quotes about sacrifice?