Hopefully these 10 quotes will make something jump inside of you!
1. One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests. -John Stuart Mill
2. If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don’t accept, because you will lose one friend. -St. Augustine
3. In our society, those who are, in reality, superior in intelligence can be accepted by their fellows only if they pretend they are not. -Marya Mannes (Bonus: “Tact is the art of convincing people that they know more than you do.” -Raymond Mortimer)
4. If we could learn how to balance rest against effort, calmness against strain, quiet against turmoil, we would assure ourselves of joy in living and psychological health for life. -Josephine Rathbone
5. I have always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life. -Margareth II, Queen of Denmark
6. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success. -Dale Carnegie
7. You need to claim the events in your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all you have been and done, which may take some time, you are fierce with reality. -Florida Scott-Maxwell
8. It is the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you’ve wanted to do so badly. -Charles Lindbergh
9. I would not sit waiting for some value tomorrow, nor for something to happen. One could wait a lifetime…. I would make something happen. -Louis L’Amour
10. The amount of satisfaction you get from life depends largely on your own ingenuity, self-sufficiency, and resourcefulness. People who wait around for life to supply their satisfaction usually find boredom instead. -Dr. William Menninger
How’d you like these?
Which ones jump out at you?
I know the theme of being “motivational” didn’t really stick, but there are still some great random quotes in here.
Please comment below.